Thursday, July 13, 2006

The late fee scam

The public library does not profile. Anyone that lives in the city can check out books. I know this because if they did profile I wouldn't be allowed to check out books, videos or cds. I want to learn to play the guitar. After purchasing the instrument I went to the library to check out an instructional video. I knew there would be late fees if I failed to return it on time. I forgot to return it. It was an honest mistake. An honest mistake that cost me a dollar a day! What happened to the three cents a day that was charged when I was a kid!?! Ouch. Here's the thing... It was an old video that nobody would buy for the price I had to pay in late fees. Returning videos on time used to be a problem for me. I could barely get them in to save my life. Then Blockbuster dumped their late fees and all of a sudden I am able to return movies with no problem. I thought I was cured. Apparently not. Perhaps the library was giving me grace since it's been so many years since I checked anything out. The librarian may not be so kind should I try to check out that video again. AND I do want to borrow it again because I can't find it anywhere else. Dangit! That's how they get ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said...

Dangit! must be genetic...I just started buying my movies at Blockbuster, figuring I'll save on the fees...

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home