Thursday, June 15, 2006

That's a stretch...

In my job I deal with LOTS of PR firms and reps whose pay checks are determined by how many interviews they book. And they try hard to book them. Different times of the year bring different story pitches. Everything from authors, celebrities, political talking heads and just nobodies offering an interview on everything under the moon. Memorial Day brings food safety and travel ideas, Mother's Day brings breast cancer, fashion and women's issues. Apparently this year Father's Day is the time when media is supposed to discuss erectile dysfunction! Nothing says I love you dad like making sure you can still -- well, you know. Icky! I have gotten several, several emails pitching me men that are willing to take to the airwaves to talk about their health issues and what could be contributing to the problem. No kidding. The best offer was to interview an underwear expert. Anyway... that is NOT the kind of story I usually hone in on for ANY holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said...

You're title is just WRONG...

10:29 AM  
Blogger April said...

Hahaha - I hadn't thought about the title. Listen, if you want to interview someone, you should call me. I can bone up on any topic and be ready at a moments notice. "Carpe Interview" I always say.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home