Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Disappointed by me

I have this habit of waiting to the last minute to do something, especially if it has to do with writing or reading. I keep myself busy and then cram all necessary preparation into a short amount of time. This allows me to say I didn't have much time. someone called my bluff! I delivered a speech last night with an intro that lowered expectations. The speech was actually pretty good. Though I didn't feel as prepared and polished as I would have liked, nobody knew the difference. The review was pretty good and there wasn't a mention of preparation lacking. Here is why I'm disappointed by myself. I don't learn nearly as much when I fly by the seat of my pants and hope for the best. While I know I'm my biggest critic, I also know that I rob myself of a great opportunity when I wait to the last minute. So, here's me smackin' myself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said...

"The Heart of Mel"...

"Very tasty with a side of Fava Beans...and a nice chianti"

-Hannibal Lecter

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home